The relegation-threatened Magpies scrapped their way to a 1-0 win at St James' Park on Sunday courtesy of Matt Ritchie's 65th-minute strike, although they were indebted to fine goalkeeping from debutant Martin Dubravka and some last-ditch defending as the visitors launched an onslaught.
"I imagine that Rafa Benitez is more than pleased with the efforts of his players".
"The team was working so hard".
"I don't know if it was a free-kick, but I know we missed a challenge in the air".
Benitez and Mourinho developed a fierce rivalry after both taking charge of English clubs in 2004.
Conceding United could have no complaints about the result, Mourinho said: "My verdict is that we could've been here for 10 hours and not scored a goal. But sometimes you attract that luck with your state of mind and at 1-0, the Newcastle players fought for their lives and I think that's a lovely thing in football". "We needed to win anyway and my message to our players before the game was to forget about the other games, just concentrate on this one and try to get three points".
"Hopefully, it will be the same against Bournemouth (on February 24)".
The content/reporting displayed on our website www.mid-day.com is provided "AS-IS", "AS AVAILABLE, by us from third party, agencies, sources, without any verification from our side". It's good to see him (Mourinho) praising our players, but that's the only way for us and I'm really proud of them.
Lukaku, a £75m summer signing from Everton, has netted 12 Premier League goals this season. "I think they came to fight for a point but found themselves 1-0 up and went beyond all the limits".
"We have been so close to winning so many games, but today we did it and it's even better".
Pogba pulled up early after a short run and spoke to United assistant Rui Faria before heading back to the dressing room earlier than his teammates.
"It's the kind of game that when you win it, with this atmosphere, the fans, the pressure we had before the game with the Huddersfield result - it's just wonderful".
- These Olympic Athletes Are Using Tinder At The Winter Olympics
- Seoul seeks communication, lower military tension ahead of possible N.Korea summit
- 'We are at WAR' Turkish helicopter SHOT DOWN in Syria killing soldiers
- Planning Ministry says Iraq's reconstruction will cost $88.2 billion
- 'We may be on track to beat some recent records'
- Thank immigration for the rocket launch
- Sears Holdings Corp (NASDAQ:SHLD) Stock Sentiment Worsens
- Indian Padman banned in Pakistan!
- Asus ZenFone 5 Lite With Four Cameras Leaked Ahead of MWC 2018
- Calif. Pastor Accused of Assaulting Lady Turns Himself In