The Games' systems, including the internet and television services, were affected by the hack two days ago but organizers said it had not compromised any critical part of their operations.
"They know what happened and this is a usual thing during the Olympic Games".
Mark Adams, spokesman for the International Olympic Committee, said it was "normal practice" not to disclose the source as investigations continue.
The Unified Korea delegation parades during the opening ceremony of the Pyeongchang 2018 Winter Olympic Games at the Pyeongchang Stadium on February 9, 2018. It is one we are dealing with.
While the competition's location just 50 miles (80 kilometers) from the North Korean border has spurred some questions as to whether that government could be to blame, Reuters reported the Russian government has already been proactive denying responsibility for any cyber attacks.
The two teams marched together at an Olympics opening ceremony for the first time since 2006. We are not going to reveal the source. Pyeongchang organizing committee spokesman Sung Baik-you confirmed that an attack took place, but that the issues have since been resolved. Officials have anxious about such attacks coming from North Korea amidst political tensions with South Korea, and Russian Federation following the country's ban from the games due to a systematic doping scheme.
Kim Yo-jong, the younger sister of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un and the delegation, led by ceremonial head of state Kim Yong-nam, wrapped up a three-day trip to South Korea and headed back home. Reports have suggested that sponsors were prepared for such an attack, with some having insured themselves against hacking.
- New Horizons broke the record of Voyager 1
- Taiwan natural disaster toll rises to 14 dead
- N.Korea extends invitation to South
- Instagram new feature to ALERT users when someone takes screenshot
- Lucas Pouille tops Richard Gasquet for fifth ATP title — ATP Montpellier
- Ernesto Valverde: 'Fatigue to blame for Barcelona stalemate with Getafe'
- Fed gets tough with Wells Fargo
- Diversified Trust Co Has $452000 Stake in Valero Energy Partners LP (VLP)
- The first Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrives in Ramallah
- Fearing sanctions from AFC, Bengaluru FC land in Maldives despite government advisory