Muscat: Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday invited Omani businesses to invest in the country as he showcased the government's initiatives to further ease doing of business in the "New India". PM @narendramodi begins Day 4 with business - Oman-India Business Meet in Muscat.
Modi also expressed gratitude to the Sultan and the people of Oman for the tremendous support, goodwill and affection. "Our talks will add more vigour to India-Oman relations", he stated.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit the Shiva Temple, which is one of the oldest temples in the Gulf region here on Monday.
The two leaders discussed intensification of bilateral cooperation in areas of mutual interest, External Affairs Ministry Spokesperson Raveesh Kumar tweeted.
Oman is a strategic partner of India in the Gulf and an important interlocutor at the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), Arab League and Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA).
An MoU on academic and scholarly cooperation between National Defence College, Sultanate of Oman and the Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses.
Sultan Qaboos appreciated the contribution of "honest and hard working" Indian nationals in the development of Oman. Following the bilateral discussions, India and Oman signed eight agreements, related to defence, health and tourism. He said Indian investments are estimated at United States dollars 1.8 billion in two projects in Special Economic Zone in Duqm (SEZD). Also known as Motishwar Mandir, the temple was constructed 109 years ago and is situated near Sultan's Palace, about 35km from Seeb Airport.
The two leaders exchanged views on intensifying ties in the areas of energy, trade & investment, food security, defence & security, mining and other sectors, the Ministry of External Affairs said. He will also visit Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque before heading back to Delhi.
The Prime Minister reached Oman on Sunday where he had several meetings and an address to the Indian Community at the Sultan Qaboos Stadium. Management of Hindu Temple is a voluntary organization representing Banyan Merchant Community in Muscat- the community which has settled in Oman over centuries.
- 'We are at WAR' Turkish helicopter SHOT DOWN in Syria killing soldiers
- Sears Holdings Corp (NASDAQ:SHLD) Stock Sentiment Worsens
- Mulvaney denies Trump offered him Kelly's job
- Chloe Kim qualifies for women's halfpipe final while Tweeting in between runs
- Barclays Bank added to Serious Fraud Office charge sheet over Qatar loan
- Hazard responds to Madrid speculation
- These Olympic Athletes Are Using Tinder At The Winter Olympics
- America reacts to Mirai Nagasu's historic triple axel
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4 teased, could be launched alongside Redmi Note 5
- Kim Yo Jong Fascinates, And Puzzles, In South Korea