Republican politician and Donald Trump supporter Nehlen reportedly superimposed a picture of Cheddar Man - the oldest skeleton to be recently found in the United Kingdom and was revealed to have dark skin - onto Meghan Markle's face.
Markle's Suits co-star Patrick J. Adams came to his colleague's defense, calling the politician "sad and sick" for his actions.
The Cheddar Man skeleton was unveiled earlier in the week and noted that the earliest Britons were likely dark skinned with blue eyes and curly hair. "Way above your weight class".
Markle and Adams became good friends when they work together on TV legal drama, "Suits".
The actor, who played her on-screen lover Mike Ross, added: "Get a life". He posted the image on Twitter with a caption, apparently attributed to Harry, which read "honey, does this tie make my face look pale?"
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
Twitter users lined up to condemn Nehlen, who refused to delete the shocking image.
The Twitter account of the man challenging House Speaker Paul Ryan in the Republican primary has been suspended, possibly over charges of anti-Semitism.
Nehlen has been described by the Southern Poverty Law Center as "a defiant mouthpiece for the racist "alt-right", and in Janaury was suspended from Twitter for a week for violating rules banning anti-Semitic content. As for the recent racial comment about the actress, a spokesperson for Kensington Palace has declined to comment.
Following the announcement of Prince Harry and Markle's engagement in November last year, the star paid tribute to his cast mate and called the 33-year-old royal a "lucky man". The two are set to get married on May 19 at the Windsor Castle.
- Indonesian maid dies after alleged abuse from local employers
- Guardiola hits back at United legend over substitutes
- United Kingdom younger audiences moving off Facebook
- 2 dead, police officer shot and 2 gunmen barricaded in Detroit homes
- Waymo and Uber settle
- Johnson presses Suu Kyi on Rohingya plight
- Winter Olympics 2018 medal count: Norway leads all countries with eight
- 3 tourists have died in a helicopter crash in the Grand Canyon
- Survival Of The Fittest: 'My dad's an actor!' Dani Mas Dyer
- Seoul seeks communication, lower military tension ahead of possible North Korea summit