With her successful triple axel on Sunday, Nagasu became the first American woman in history to land the jump.
American Kimmie Meissner also landed a triple axel at the 2005 U.S. Nationals, but Harding and Nagasu remain two of just seven women ever to land the jump at global competition.
Mirai Nagasu just made history! In addition, she also earned silver and bronze at the Four Continents Championship and a 2-time World Junior medalist. "Going into it, I was like a train and I was like, 'Get on the tracks and get some speed.' And, I tripped a couple times".
After landing it and completing her routine, Nagasu went nuts celebrating her historic performance. I want to go over to the judges and say, 'Can I just have a Xanax and a quick drink?
She was snubbed for Sochi in 2014 despite finishing third in the US nationals as the selectors handed the Olympic berth to Ashley Wagner, who finished fourth.
"I said, 'You know what, this is my opportunity to get my feet underneath me on Olympic ice.' But more than that, it's to get team usa that medal".
"For both of us to be on this team, and to be on the same floor in the village, it's all super exciting", Nagasu said. She and her husband own a sushi restaurant in Arcadia, CA.
She attempted it in the first portion of her routine, and freaking nailed it. She began at the age of 5 and immediately took to it. Basically, she's just about as good as them come! "And that's sort of given my skating a greater goal", Rippon said. "And I think that determination and confidence has kept me in the game so long". All week we had been hearing about how Nagasu would attempt at triple axel, something that is nearly unheard of in Olympic competition.
Nagasu never had the chance to compete in a team event - it didn't exist in 2010. "They're only coming for the last week but I'm sure they're home now watching it".
- Plateau Utd whitewash Edin Sports — CAF Champions League
- Shah Rukh Khan goes underwater to thank his twitter fans
- Rumor: Pokemon Switch Localization Will Start This Year
- Robeco Institutional Asset Management BV Boosts Holdings in NVIDIA Co. (NASDAQ:NVDA)
- Survival Of The Fittest: 'My dad's an actor!' Dani Mas Dyer
- Ireland 'play much better rugby' than England, claims Italy captain Sergio Parisse
- How To Revert The Snapchat App Back To The Pre-Redesign Version
- Woman charged after toilet queue brawl on cruise ship
- Pence's Olympic trip a 'missed opportunity' for North Korea diplomacy, source says
- 2 dead, police officer shot and 2 gunmen barricaded in Detroit homes