The video above shows the last picture SpaceX was able to capture of a Tesla Roadster in space.
The Tesla roadster launched from the Falcon Heavy rocket with a dummy driver named "Starman" heads towards Mars. "More seriously, this is more like a case of something falling away from the rocket, certainly, nothing to do with a UFO of the extraterrestrial type following it", Nigel Watson, author of the UFO Investigations Manual, said. And Musk's Roadster became the fastest vehicle ever, hurtling off the planet and zooming away on a route that will now take it all the way to the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter. He's in charge of the carmaker as well as the private space company.
Elon Musk has not said what the next mission will be for SpaceX.
"The asteroid orbit plot was just a mistake", Jonathan McDowell, an astronomer at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, told Space.com. These short hops would take the ship several miles high and then come back down for a landing. Two of the three first-stage boosters flew back for side-by-side landings; the third was lost at sea. SpaceX's Falcon Heavy can launch up to 64 metric tons of payload into orbit for $90 million a launch. "This is a revolution, " Robert Zubrin said in a statement. After SpaceX released data on Starman's orbit on Wednesday (Feb. 7), experts on social media started crunching the numbers and noted that the data didn't match the trajectory that Musk had tweeted the day before. The rocket got into space without any problems. In fact, NASA has already gone into business with SpaceX.
Musk noted that SpaceX used only internal funds to finance the Heavy, investing more than $500 million in developmental costs. We've had news of Airbus UK leading a new space weather warning project, academics in the United States helping NASA recreate Titan's methane seas, and an worldwide programme to use space technology to solve global challenges.
- Pfizer (PFE) Given a $40.00 Price Target at Jefferies Group
- Chloe Kim qualifies for women's halfpipe final while Tweeting in between runs
- Mulvaney denies Trump offered him Kelly's job
- United Nations chief urges denuclearization to North Korea
- 'We may be on track to beat some recent records'
- Parties oppose unveiling J Jayalalithaa's portrait, DMK to boycott event
- Manchester United Shocked in 1-0 Upset by Matt Ritchie, Newcastle United
- Asus ZenFone 5 Lite With Four Cameras Leaked Ahead of MWC 2018
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4 teased, could be launched alongside Redmi Note 5
- Liberia's Sirleaf Awarded Mo Ibrahim African Leadership Prize