Srinagar:A constable was injured in a gunfight that broke out in Srinagar early on Monday after the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) foiled an attack on its camp in the city's Karannagar area.
Fierce gunbattle between militants and CRPF was reported from Karan Nagar area of Srinagar, which also hosts the CRPF camp, CNN-News18 reported. "He challenged them and opened fire as well", a spokesman of the CRPF said.
The militants then fled from the spot and entered the nearby building, the spokesperson said.
A CRPF official earlier said that an alert sentry at the guard post of the 23 Battalion spotted the two militants carrying bags and an AK-47 rifle approaching the camp at around 4.30 a.m.
The Army has successfully neutralised four militants in the ongoing search operation that is underway since 51 hours. "We can not provide more information for operational reasons", said the police officer.
Police sources said there were an exchange for fire between the militants and security forces. Following the terror attack, the Army had cordoned off the area, sealed all exists and had launched search operations in the area to neutralise the hidden terrorist.
Kara Nagar houses many commercial establishments. It has Valley's premiere hospital, Shri Maharaja Hari Singh hospital, in its vicinity.
- Instagram new feature to ALERT users when someone takes screenshot
- Driving Needs: 5 Car Accessories for a Better Ride
- Mathieu Gallet, et après ?
- Winter Olympics: Russia denies launching cyber attacks
- Mick Mulvaney: Trump 'absolutely not' considering replacing John Kelly
- American Express (AXP) Expected to Earn FY2018 Earnings of $7.25 Per Share
- Winter Olympics 2018: North Korea invites South president to Pyongyang
- Taiwan natural disaster toll rises to 14 dead
- Gaming and Leisure Properties (GLPI) PT Lowered to $31.00
- Fed gets tough with Wells Fargo