Champion Redmond Gerard of the US (C), second-placed Max Parrot of Canada (L) and third-placed Mark Mcmorris of Canada pose for group pohotos after the Men's Snowboard Slopestyle at the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympic Games at the Phoenix Snow Park in PyeongChang, South Korea, on February 11, 2018.
"This is wonderful!" Vonn tweeted to her 987,000 followers. "I don't want to think too much about the past today, but I appreciate the fact I'm here on my snowboard", he said.
"I'm on the podium and I probably shouldn't even be here", McMorris said.
The 24-year-old suffered fractures to his jaw, left arm, pelvis and ribs and sustained a ruptured spleen and collapsed left lung after a backcountry snowboarding accident in Whistler.
Six gold medals in total are up for grabs Sunday including speed skating, luge and freestyle skiing, as well as the biathlon. "I'm just lucky to be here".
Fourcade, France's most decorated winter Olympian with four medals including two golds, is a strong contender to take a first gold medal in Pyeongchang in the biathlon sprint.
McMorris has battled significant injuries throughout his career. McMorris showed he could do it by winning a World Cup just eight months after the crash.
"It was the cleanest trick in my run so I was really stoked on that and that was definitely the deciding factor for me", he said.
Duhamel, of Lively, Ont., and Radford, of Balmertown, Ont., then took top spot in pairs, giving Canada an additional 10 points and 45 overall. As soon as the helicopter got there (90 minutes later) I went to sleep.
Speaking before the Olympics, McMorris had said the injuries had given him a new outlook on life. Sebastient Toutant of L'Assomption, Quebec was close to pulling off a comeback in his third and final run but fell on his last jump. "The judging is out of your hands and so you just have to try your best and that is what I did and I was rewarded".
- Winter Olympics: Korean athletes under unified flag at opening march
- Watch the awesome North Korean cheerleaders at work
- Driving Needs: 5 Car Accessories for a Better Ride
- Pep Guardiola Has Petty But Incredible Dig At "Prestigious Pundit" Gary Neville
- Turkish Helicopter Downed in Afrin, Erdogan Promises 'Harsh Response'
- Use technology for development, not destruction: PM Modi in Dubai
- Government shuts down for 2nd time in 3 weeks
- Trump's speechwriter, Sorensen, resigns over abuse allegations
- Fibria Celulose (FBR) Earning Somewhat Favorable Press Coverage, Accern Reports
- South Korean Prime Minister to meet North Korean delegation