However, it is still Norway atop the medal counter, and it is largely because of one event in particular.
The most surprising development in the men's luge was when Germany's Felix Loch, who appeared well on his way to a third straight Olympic gold medal in the event entering the final run, glanced into the wall and finished a disappointing fifth place.
Key events for the United States will feature snowboarding and alpine skiing.
Norway doubled its medal count from the previous day, adding a gold, another silver and two more bronze medals-including a sweep in men's biathalon-to bring the Norwegian total to eight.
Then in the women's slopestyle snowboarding event, the American's dominated as usual. Two medals for team United States of America isn't enough to move them towards the top of the medal count table though. Germany and Canada are tied at four medals apiece, but while Canada has yet to win a gold medal, three of Germany's four medals are gold.
The United States picked up their first gold medal when 17-year-old Red Gerard won the Men's Slopestyle event on Saturday.
-Freestyle skiing: Moguls competition will take place for the men (10 a.m., NBCSN / 3 p.m. NBC). Sven Kramer won the men's 5000m in speed skating for the Netherlands.
On Sunday evening, the figure skating team event will hand out medals when the men's and women's free skate and the ice dancing free program happen, with an expected end time of around 11 p.m. ET. He was the first American man in Olympic history to medal in luge singles, finishing behind gold medalist David Gleirscher of Austria.
-Ski jumping: Men will compete in the normal hill individual final (7:35 a.m., NBCSN). The final run of women's halfpipe is scheduled to take place at 9 p.m. ET.
-Biathlon: Susan Dunklee will be one to watch in the women's 10km pursuit as she competes after earning a bronze medal in Sochi (Live starting at 5:10 a.m., NBCSN).
- Peter Rabbit movie faces allergy backlash
- Robeco Institutional Asset Management BV Boosts Holdings in NVIDIA Co. (NASDAQ:NVDA)
- Pence's Olympic trip a 'missed opportunity' for North Korea diplomacy, source says
- Plateau Utd whitewash Edin Sports — CAF Champions League
- Tdam USA Inc. Lowers Holdings in Facebook Inc (FB)
- Kane Williamson doubtful for Wellington T20I tie against England
- How To Revert The Snapchat App Back To The Pre-Redesign Version
- 3 tourists have died in a helicopter crash in the Grand Canyon
- Survival Of The Fittest: 'My dad's an actor!' Dani Mas Dyer
- SpaceX Successfully Launches Falcon Heavy Rocket