Several men were having an altercation aboard P&O's Pacific Explorer when a 37-year-old woman, believed to be a partner to one of the men, allegedly struck a man with an empty wine bottle.
"Detectives from Marine Area Command will continue enquiries into the alleged fight once the group have been brought to shore", police said.
'Eventually security and bystanders separated them but then someone would break free and they would go back at it. Others ran elsewhere on the ship to tell friends who came back and started the fight again. The injured man was treated for lacerations by onboard medical staff.
The crew asked Marine Police to attend the Pacific Explorer on Sunday morning to remove the group "as a result of their behaviour on board overnight", a spokesman for P&O said.
P&O Cruises said it had no hesitation in cutting the trip short to ensure the safety of its passengers.
A group of six men and the woman were removed from the ship at Bradleys Head.
One of the men said it was "one hell of a buck's party, that's it" while another put it down to "just boys being boys".
The woman was last night charged with with reckless wounding and affray.
A Russian national has been charged in relation to a violent brawl on board P&O cruise ship the Pacific Explorer, off Sydney.
She was granted conditional bail to appear at the Downing Centre Local Court on March 9.
The spokesperson for P&O Cruises said while such situations are rare on board their ships, strong action will be taken when necessary.
"The group removed today will no longer be welcome to travel with P&O Cruises or any of its associated brands".
"We are assisting police in their inquiries", the statement continued.
Some of the men removed from the ship were using the three-day comedy cruise as a bucks celebration.
- How To Revert The Snapchat App Back To The Pre-Redesign Version
- SpaceX Successfully Launches Falcon Heavy Rocket
- Gigi Hadid slams body shamers who call her too skinny
- Rumor: Pokemon Switch Localization Will Start This Year
- Snow blankets Chicago as winter storm sweeps US Midwest
- Indonesian maid dies after alleged abuse from local employers
- Driving Needs: 5 Car Accessories for a Better Ride
- Waymo and Uber settle
- Plateau Utd whitewash Edin Sports — CAF Champions League
- Marmite maker Unilever threatens to pull ads from Facebook and Google