Officers continue to investigate at Barns Green level crossing following a collision between a train and a auto which killed two people this morning, a spokesman confirmed.
"When we were evacuated from the train both the barriers were still there (and it) looks like they had gone around them".
"I was on the other train not the one that hit the vehicle".
The line between Horsham and Pulborough was closed to allow officers from the British Transport Police and Sussex Police to investigate the crash.
In a statement, a BTP spokesperson said: "Officers from BTP attended alongside colleagues from Sussex Police and paramedics, however two people were sadly pronounced dead at the scene". "Officers are working to identify the victims".
No other injuries were reported.
Crossing: Probe after fatal collision.
Southern rail trains arriving and leaving Selhurst station.
Authorities are examining the scene to establish the circumstances that led to the vehicle being hit.
The Rail Accident Investigation Branch have been notified of this incident, the spokesman said.
- Masturbation in Delhi bus
- Runaway dog on New York City subway tracks causes hairy situation
- Writing essay service how it is.
- Electrons behind colourful Northern Lights, scientists observe
- Pope revives sexual abuse panel
- RGV appears before Hyderabad police in obscenity case over his film 'GST'
- Rebecca Gayheart and Eric Dane ending 14-year-marriage
- AIR 1 Nishita Purohit Shares Preparation Strategies with NEET, AIIMS Aspirants
- Bullet-riddled auto in rollover crash on Hwy 401
- Kremlin-linked military contractors killed or injured in Syria