Akshay Kumar, who is riding high on success after R Balki's Pad Man, is now in character for Kesari, which is being co-produced by Karan Johar. In his "Kesari" look, Akshay posed with kids from the sets that play Afghan children in the film. Incidentally, the Battle of Saragarhi was fought in 1897 between Sikh soldiers of the British Indian Army and Pashtun Orakzai tribesmen.
Akshay had earlier said, "I've started shooting for my film Kesari, where I'm in the heaviest turban and beard I've ever had to wear". Akshay Kumar and his co-star Parineeti Chopra, playing the lead roles were at the shoot of the film with children dressed up in the Afghani attire.
Akki tweeted the picture with the caption, "Innocent smiles galore on set today". Kesari is based on the Battle of Saragarhi, which is one of the bravest battles fought in India. "That's why I constantly change the kind of films I do".
There have been reports that Akshay is in talks with Ekta Kapoor for a film which is an adaptation of the book "I Too Had A Dream" based on the life of Dr Verghese Kurien, the man who brought about the milk revolution in the country.
The film directed by Anurag Singh has gone on floors and is slated to release on 21 March 2019. "Kesari" is Akshay's first collaboration with filmmaker Karan Johar. I wanted to do other things, but I couldn't do it.
- Bruins Trade Frank Vatrano To Panthers For Third-Round Draft Pick
- In Indonesia woke up to a large volcano
- (JPM) is Schroder Investment Management Group's 4th Largest Position
- University leader hired amid Nassar fallout to donate salary
- IIHS Introduces Rear Crash Prevention Ratings
- State of Alaska Department of Revenue Takes Position in Herbalife Ltd. (HLF)
- Research Ratings: Westlake Chemical Partners LP (WLKP), ICU Medical, Inc. (ICUI)
- Eskom says coal supplier Optimum mine starts business rescue proceedings
- Stocks Sparking Bullish Stampede across Wall Street: Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE:HRL)
- Stocks on Hotspot: Hi-Crush Partners LP (NYSE:HCLP)