Investigators say the shooting occurred Monday afternoon at Bliss Enterprises of Plant City, Inc., a manufacturer of barns and garages.
The incident happened so close to the Polk-Hillsborough County line that Polk deputies were one of the first on scene.
When they arrived, they found the owner of the business, Richard Bliss, dead from a gunshot wound, along with two additional men injured from gunshot wounds.
Authorities say another person heard the shots, came into the office and shot Bliss.
Officials said Richard Paul Bliss, who would have turned 50 today, was living on the property and had been asked several times to leave. At least one worked for the company, she said. The family member entered the office and subsequently shot Bliss. At some point, authorities say, Bliss took out a firearm and shot both men.
Police are at the scene and an investigation is now underway. Bliss was shot by a relative of the two men he had shot, deputies said. One is in stable condition, the other is in critical condition. It was not known if the person who shot Bliss will face criminal charges.
The victims, ages 44 and 45, were transported to a hospital.
Bliss Enterprises is a family-owned construction company that has been building barns since the 1980s, according to ABC Action News.
- Vu Televisions with Android and Google Assistant expected to launch today
- Flake Calls for 2020 Trump Primary Challenger
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) is Barrett Asset Management LLC's 6th Largest Position
- American Express (AXP) Earns "Hold" Rating from Stephens
- Dow turns lower as industrial stocks weigh
- Writing essay service how it is.
- Man Utd boss Mourinho blasts de Boer over Rashford remarks
- Citizens Financial Group Inc (CFG) Holdings Raised by FDx Advisors Inc
- City leaders, NCAA Tournament organizers excited to show off Wichita
- Jose Mourinho SLAUGHTERS Frank de Boer after Marcus Rashford criticism