The Chicago Bears appear to be the winners of the Allen Robinson sweepstakes.
The Bears are expected to sign WR Allen Robinson.
A second-round pick of the Jaguars in 2014, Robinson was a candidate to be franchise tagged by Jacksonville for a one-year salary around $16 million, but the Jaguars chose not to do so, allowing him to hit free agency instead. I mentioned this on the free agent primer podcast we did last week, saying that he wouldn't have competition for targets with the Bears, whereas if he went to the 49ers, he'd be competing for targets with Pierre Garcon, Marquise Goodwin, and even Trent Taylor at times.
Robinson, 24, is coming off a year in which he played one game for the jaguars, unfortunately tearing his ACL in Week 1 against the Houston Texans.
Kendall Wright led the team's receiving game last season, with just 614 yards on 59 catches, and no other player could beat Tarik Cohen's 353 receiving yards.
Both wide receiver Cameron Meredith and Josh Bellamy were given original round tenders at $1.907 million, per the Chicago Tribune.
Contract details have yet to be announced but according to Spotrac Robinson's market value is estimated at almost $14M a year over five seasons. His per-catch average also dropped by 5.4 yards from 2015 to 2016.
Robinson joins Pernell McPhee, Danny Trevathan and Glennon as opening splash free-agent signings for Pace. But the expectations will be high considering his contract and potential. Wide receiver has been a trouble spot for him, with Meredith being the only true bright spot at the position. Jeffery left to become a Super Bowl champ in free agency.
Adding receivers for Trubisky was a top priority for Pace.
- Delhi: Uber 'driver' locks woman inside cab, sexually harasses her
- Paul Pogba Named in Manchester United's Champions League Squad to Face Sevilla
- Redmi 5 To Be Launched In India As An Amazon Exclusive
- Jose Mourinho delivers fitness update on Anthony Martial and Paul Pogba
- American Express (AXP) Earns "Hold" Rating from Stephens
- Vu Televisions with Android and Google Assistant expected to launch today
- Must act quickly on European investment budget - Merkel
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) is Barrett Asset Management LLC's 6th Largest Position
- Oil prices rise towards $70 fueling more subsidy fears
- Mohamed Salah transfer value rises highest in Europe this season