They'll tip off their tournament at 12:30 p.m. Friday against No. 13 seed Marshall on TNT.
"You just want to go out there and represent the state, West Virginia, well and our school at Marshall here and just give a good account of ourselves and the chips are going to fall where they're going to fall", D'Antoni said.
Marshall (24-10, 13-5) is dancing for the first time since 1987 after winning the Conference USA Tournament. Plus, current WSU assistant Donnie Jones was an assistant under Billy Donovan and eventually took over as the Herd's head coach in 2007.
In four seasons in Huntington, Jones was 55-41.
In addition to the win over Western Kentucky on Saturday, Marshall's run in the Conference USA tournament included wins over UTSA and Southern Miss.
The last time that Marshall played in the NCAA tournament came 31 years ago today when the Herd fell to No. 19 TCU, 76-60, in the East Region first round matchup.
The Shockers were 24-6 (14-4 in-conference) in the regular season, and lost to the University of Houston in the semifinals of the American Athletic Conference Tournament.
Four players are averaging at least 8.1 points per game for Marshall, they are Jon Elmore (22.8), C.J. Burks (20.5), Ajdin Penava (15.5) and Rondale Watson (8.1). The Shockers play in the first round at 12:30 p.m., Friday, March 16 on TNT.
If both WVU and Marshall win Friday, they'll play each other in the NCAA Tournament's 2nd round. West Virginia led for much of the game, but the Jayhawks were able to overcome an eight-point deficit in the second half to earn the title.
On the season, Marshall basketball averages 84.3 points, 36.2 rebounds and 17.2 points per game against the opposing teams. Marshall basketball yields 78.8 points per game against the opposing teams. The Shockers also shoot 38.5 percent from beyond the arc as a team and rank third in the nation with 18.5 assists per game.Shamet is flanked in the backcourt by senior Conner Frankamp, but Wichita State's greatest strength lies in its strong frontcourt play.
Murray State, who defeated Belmont, 68-51, to earn the OVC Championship, is led by Jonathan Stark, who is averaging 21.8 points per game.
- Grab Teams Up With Japan's Credit Saison for Lending Services
- Hamas condemns Gaza attack targeting Palestinian Prime Minister Hamdallah
- Most expensive cars in the world: review of 2018
- Analysts Sights: Goodyear Tire Rubber (GT)
- AIR 1 Nishita Purohit Shares Preparation Strategies with NEET, AIIMS Aspirants
- ETRADE Capital Management LLC Buys 368 Shares of American Tower Corp (AMT)
- Mohamed Salah transfer value rises highest in Europe this season
- Jose Mourinho SLAUGHTERS Frank de Boer after Marcus Rashford criticism
- CM Punk's Second UFC Fight Booked for UFC 225 in Chicago
- 'No deal' Brexit could cost UK, EU companies a reported £58b