Punk was clapping back at trolls on Twitter when he broke the news. responding to someone who asked, "When are we gonna see you cry again in the octagon?" He was immediately signed by the UFC, but his debut didn't go well by any standard.
Stay tuned to Sportskeeda for further information regarding Punk's fight on June 9th.
He began working with Roufusport MMA Academy in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, home to multiple current and former UFC Champions.
After that defeat at the hands of Gall, UFC President Dana White had mentioned to the media that Punk's next fight probably should take place somewhere else.
This date comes as a no-brainer for Punk's sophomore appearance as the event is UFC 225 in his hometown of Chicago, Illinois.
Without landing a significant strike, Punk suffered a submission loss to Mickey Gall via a rear-naked chokehold at the 2:45 mark of the first round in a welterweight fight at UFC 203 inside Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland.
"I don't know. I don't know that's where he'll fight", White said. "He's healthy now and interested in fighting".
It looks like CM Punk may have booked his next fight. If Punk's statement is to be taken at face value, he'll be fighting at the event.
There is also now no word as to who CM Punk's potential opponent will be.
- Southampton next manager odds: The favourites to replace sacked boss Mauricio Pellegrino
- Record number awaiting admission to hospitals today, 24 at LUH
- Slingshot malware attacks PCs through routers
- USC Earns No. 2 Seed in NCAA Woman's Basketball Tournament
- Ravens give OL Hurst 4-year contract
- Lok Sabha proceedings disrupted again
- SBI reduces minimum balance charges to Rs 15: Check out new rates
- Storm Team 11 Forecast: Cloudy with scattered flurries
- Seoul preparing to discuss major issues with North Korea in April summit
- Amitabh Bachchan Fallen sick in Jodhpur - Doctors Treating Him