Delhi Police sources said the car's owner, Amit, used to employ another driver, who was registered with Uber, till a week ago.
On March 9, the young woman booked herself a cab from her office in Kundli (Haryana) to her residence in Rohini Sector 3.
During the ride, the driver was taking a different route than the one woman take usually when the woman tried to get out from the vehicle while the auto was stopped at a traffic signal, the driver locked the car's door by using central locking system and threatened her.
It is learnt that the Uber cab did not have yellow commercial number plate had tinted glasses as well.
The accused has been identified as Sanjeev alias Sanju.
A Delhi woman was locked and threatened by a Uber driver in the capital on Friday.
The driver, who was allegedly drunk, took the vehicle along a secluded route in Narela. The driver absconded from the spot with his vehicle.
The women grew suspicious when the driver was not matching with the image of the driver provided by the Uber app and later on the way, she also came to realize that the driver is not taking the route which she usually takes.
When the cab slowed down again near a CNG pump in Jahangirpuri around 9pm, she managed to unlock the door and jump out.
The woman, who works in an MNC, approached Mahender Park Police Station and registered a complaint after escaping the harassment.
Police traced the origin of the vehicle to Jati Kalan village in Haryana's Sonepat.
The investigators are examining the other driver's culpability and have also sent a questionnaire to the cab aggregator firm in connection with the case.
Meanwhile, an Uber spokesperson informed that the driver, who allowed another person to drive the cab, violated the agreement thereby was removed from the service.
According to the further details, a man who registered his vehicle with Uber had given his auto to Sanju to drive. Such behaviour puts our riders and driver partners at risk and is not tolerated, the company said.
Responding to the allegations, an Uber spokesperson called it a case of "identity theft" and issued a statement saying the company immediately removed the driver partner's access to the Uber app.
- China asks United Nations , global community to respect PH sovereignty
- Baaghi 2 song Lo Safar: Tiger Shroff pines for Disha Patani
- Here's why J&K Finance Minister Haseeb Drabu was sacked by Mehbooba Mufti
- Storm Team 11 Forecast: Cloudy with scattered flurries
- Southampton next manager odds: The favourites to replace sacked boss Mauricio Pellegrino
- Andhra Bank up 8%, recovers from Monday's fall
- City leaders, NCAA Tournament organizers excited to show off Wichita
- Irish Earn Top Seed In Postseason NIT
- Bamco Inc. NY Has $5.67 Million Holdings in Flexion Therapeutics Inc (FLXN)
- American Express (AXP) Earns "Hold" Rating from Stephens