With Beau Allenset to become a free agent, the Super Bowl champion Eagles were in the market for depth at defensive tackle.Joe Douglas, the Eagles'vice president of player personnel, is familiar with Ngata from their time together with the Baltimore Ravens. But line depth was huge for the Eagles last season; seven of their defensive linemen played at least 400 snaps, most in the National Football League, per ESPN Stats & Information. Because of that, an already tremendous defensive line has gotten better with two terrific moves pulled off by the reigning executive of the year.
"Former Lions' DT Haloti Ngata intends to sign a one-year deal with Eagles, per @mortreport and me", Schefter tweets.
Like their other recent acquisition, defensive tackle Michael Bennett, Nagota has a Super Bowl ring, winning his with the Baltimore Ravens in the 2012 season.
Not only that, they are adding to their stable to players.
The veteran has spent each of the past three seasons in Detroit and missed all but five games of the 2017 campaign with an elbow injury.
After spending most of his career as one of the league's best interior defensive linemen in a 3-4 defense with the Baltimore Ravens, he transitioned to a 4-3 with the Lions past year.
Ngata has 315 career tackles and 31.5 career sacks.
Philadelphia Eagles general manager Howie Roseman has entered this offseason more determined than ever to win.
- Jose Mourinho Tells Real Madrid To Forget Signing David De Gea
- Matt Damon and Ben Affleck's production company to introduce inclusion riders
- Fitbit Made a $200 Smartwatch Women Will Actually Want to Wear
- Comerica Bank Acquires 52967 Shares of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NCLH)
- Bears reportedly expected to land Allen Robinson when free agency opens
- Citizens Financial Group Inc (CFG) Holdings Raised by FDx Advisors Inc
- Trump Says US to Quit Iran Deal if Significant Changes Not Made
- Dow turns lower as industrial stocks weigh
- SC indefinitely extends March 31 deadline for mandatory Aadhaar
- Va. Tech faces Alabama in NCAA Tournament