De Gea now has 18 months left on his deal, meaning United have reached a crossroads: they either sell, try to extend him or risk letting him walk away for nothing. "I do not know Real Madrid's intentions but, if I were them, I would think of another player".
De Gea has put the disappointment of missing out on that move behind him and is focused on life in the North West, but has yet to sign on the dotted line for a new contract, with his current deal set to expire in 2019.
De Gea will be in action for United on Tuesday when they host Sevilla in the second leg of their last-16 tie in the Champions League.
De Gea is thought to be their number one target, while Chelsea's Thibaut Courtois has also been touted as a potential option, but Mourinho has suggested that De Gea will not be leaving Old Trafford this summer.
"I see him [staying] here", Mourinho told La Sexta when asked about De Gea's future. Since the previous Carlo Ancelotti era at Real Madrid, David De Gea has been strongly linked with a possible move away from Old Trafford till date.
- OECD upgrades global, Japan growth outlooks for 2018, 2019
- Trump appoints Tillerson as Secretary of State with Central Intelligence Agency director Pompeo
- Vu Televisions with Android and Google Assistant expected to launch today
- Ex-student gets probation program in body fluids case
- All you need to know about the new 'Millennial Railcard'
- 1 dead, 2 injured in shooting at Plant City business
- Mourinho shrugs off criticism from 'worst manager' De Boer
- Man Utd boss Mourinho blasts de Boer over Rashford remarks
- Jaguars Sign Andrew Norwell To 5-Year, $$66.5 Million Deal
- SG Americas Securities LLC Raises Position in Sears Holdings Corp (NASDAQ:SHLD)