Within minutes after it met, members from various parties trooped near the Speaker's podium, raising slogans on different issues, including the banking irregularities.
Opposition protests, over a range of diverse issues, spilled over into the second week of the resumed Budget session of the Lok Sabha.
Party members and YSR Congress Members sought Special Category status for Andhra Pradesh.
The AIADMK meanwhile, has demanded a board for the management of the Cauvery river water.
In between, Congress, TMC, Left and others started shouting slogans on Bank Fraud cases. She then adjourned the House till noon. The bill aims at laying down measures to deter economic offenders from evading the process of law by remaining outside the jurisdiction of Indian courts. The amendment facilitates the orderly growth of the chit funds sector.
BJP chief Amit Shah at Parliament in New Delhi on Thursday
Amid the bedlam, Mahajan adjourned the House for almost one hour till 12 noon.
Similar scenes were witnessed in the Rajya Sabha. A new entrant to the protests was the Aam Aadmi Party, demanding an end to the sealing drive in Delhi. Chairman M Venkaiah Naidu adjourned the House after the Opposition insisted on a discussion on the Rs 12,600 crore Punjab National Bank (PNB) scam under Rule 168, which Naidu rejected.
When the House met again at 2 pm, minister SS Ahluwalia laid on the table the statement regarding the status of implementation of recommendations contained in the 35th report of the Department-related Parliamentary Standing Committee on Rural Development on Demands for Grants (2017-18).
There was no change in the situation when the House re-assembled at 2 PM as opposition members continued with their protests.
- SBI reduces minimum balance charges to Rs 15: Check out new rates
- Paris-Nice 2018: Stage 8 highlights
- Indian Wells: Roger Federer match suspended, Verdasco stuns Dimitrov
- PSG Bounce Back From Real Madrid Defeat, Thrash Metz
- Most expensive cars in the world: review of 2018
- Oil prices fall further as soaring U.S. production comes back into focus
- Parent to sell TCS stake
- Did Kirk Cousins name his top two choices in farewell letter?
- USA 'fully' expects summit with N. Korea
- Short Interest in Oclaro Inc (NASDAQ:OCLR) Declines By 13.0%