John McEntee, who serves as body man and personal aide to President Donald Trump, has been dismissed due to a security issue. He was escorted off the White House grounds before he was allowed to collect his belongings, even leaving without his jacket, the Journal reported. McEntee was escorted from the White House on Monday after he was sacked over security concerns, two sources familiar with the matter told the Journal.
McEntee, though, will continue to work for Trump.
Trump's personal assistant - also known as a body man - McEntee accompanied the president nearly everywhere and had been an aide for him since early in the campaign. McEntee was subsequently hired as a senior advisor on Trump's reelection campaign.
McEntee declined a CNN request to comment. McEntee was sacked on Monday over unspecified security concerns, according to a new report. The role meant McEntee was almost constantly at the President's side.
Though McEntee traveled alongside Trump, his profile was relatively low compared to other aides with similar tenure, like senior adviser Stephen Miller or the White House's director of social media Dan Scavino. "We need the help of proven leaders such as Katrina and John to promote the President's growing portfolio of achievements across the country".
Kelly sought to limit access to classified information for aides with longstanding interim security clearances and several aides have since left the White House after it became clear their applications for a full security clearances would not be approved.
- Bills to sign Panthers DT Star Lotulelei when free agency opens
- People Aren't as Safe From Lead as Thought, Study Suggests
- Driving Needs: 5 Car Accessories for a Better Ride
- Conte: Chelsea must be ready to suffer at Barcelona
- Kim Kardashian Visits Kanye West in Jackson Hole: All the Details
- Strikes could be suspended from tomorrow following resolution to pensions row
- Indian Wells: World No. 1 Roger Federer wins rain-delayed tie
- Based company reveals plans for 3D printing affordable homes
- Active Volume Stock: Boston Scientific Corporation (NYSE:BSX)
- Jhene Aiko Kicks Against Rumour That Big Sean Cheated On Her