Florida State enters the 2018 NCAA Tournament with a 20-11 record and a 9-9 mark in ACC play.
The Tigers bristled instead of buckling, though, finishing 20-12 overall (after going 8-23 last season) and 10-8 in Southeastern Conference play - more league wins than in the last three years combined - to return to the NCAA tourney for the first time since 2013.
The selection committee released its field Sunday night.
Three days after Georgia eliminated the Tigers from the SEC Tournament in St. Louis, Martin's team gathered on Norm Stewart Court to watch the bracket unveiling Sunday, backed by a sparse crowd of fans for the team's watch party.
And Loyola out of the Valley will play Miami Thursday in Dallas.
"I was praying to God we wouldn't end up in Wichita", he said.
While we don't know the exact punishment Barnett may face, the Student-Athlete handbook may give us some clue: You can read the entire handbook here.
This will be the Seminoles 16th appearance in the NCAA Tournament.
But first things first and that is the Tigers first round matchup against the Seminoles of Florida State. Florida State finished around where it was projected to at the beginning of the season when many sites pegged the Seminoles as a bubble team. The Tigers are back in the NCAA Tournament and they have maybe the best player in the country and nothing to lose.
The Tigers go into the tournament as the eighth seed in the West Region. The Gators improbably reached the Elite Eight a season ago when a Chris Chiozza buzzer beater lifted them over Wisconsin in the Sweet 16.
It wasn't the easiest path for the Seminoles, who sustained late-season losses that put their chances in jeopardy.
The Seminoles made it to the Final Four back in 1972, making it to the title game before losing. FSU lost to Xavier 91-66 in the second round of last year's tournament. But they have size on their bench, and by size I mean two players over seven feet tall who average over 10 minutes a game. Michigan, Gonzaga and Ohio State round out the top five seeds in the West Region.
- Grab Teams Up With Japan's Credit Saison for Lending Services
- Jose Mourinho SLAUGHTERS Frank de Boer after Marcus Rashford criticism
- Investors Catching Stocks Applied Materials, Inc. (AMAT)
- Pac-12 women's basketball teams make NCAA Tournament
- Delhi: Uber 'driver' locks woman inside cab, sexually harasses her
- Bamco Inc. NY Has $5.67 Million Holdings in Flexion Therapeutics Inc (FLXN)
- Irish Earn Top Seed In Postseason NIT
- 'No deal' Brexit could cost UK, EU companies a reported £58b
- Vu Televisions with Android and Google Assistant expected to launch today
- Federer on fire in Indian Wells