Jose Mourinho has blasted Frank De Boer, calling him "the worst manager in the history of the Premier League" after the former Crystal Palace boss said it is "a pity" Marcus Rashford is managed by the Portuguese coach.
"If you go to his numbers and how many matches he played with me last season and this season, maybe I am wrong, but I would say he is probably in the top five players with the most matches over two seasons".
De Boer is not the only pundit to question Mourinho's conservative approach when it comes to Rashford who is vying for a starting place alongside the likes of Romelu Lukaku, Anthony Martial and Alexis Sanchez.
Rashford was deadly at Old Trafford, grabbing both his goals within the first twenty minutes of action to set United up for smooth sailing for the rest of the match.
"If he was coached by Frank he would be coached how to lose because he lost every game", he said.
"I read some quote from the worst manager in the history of the Premier League, Frank de Boer - seven matches, seven defeats, zero goals", said Mourinho, alluding to De Boer's unsuccessful spell in charge of Crystal Palace earlier this season. "Marcus is very young and needs games, but he is so talented and you want to see him playing every week". "The best thing that can happen to a kid is to have experiences and Marcus is having them". Yes, we've beaten Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool. So I imagine if we were knocked out it would be considered a disaster.
On hearing these comments, the Special One was enraged, and fired back a reply slating De Boer for his poor record in the Premier League, while adding that he had no right to bad-mouth another manager.
"When you are in the last-16 it looks really, really far but when you are in the last eight you start smelling the semi-finals, the feeling is that you are amongst the best".
Paul Pogba has an outside chance of being involved after he missed the Liverpool game with a gashed leg. Rashford himself has come out recently and said that he has had to develop in training as opposed to on the pitch and if his performance on the weekend is any indication of his development then the 20-year-old is doing just fine.
- Comerica Bank Acquires 52967 Shares of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NCLH)
- Redmi 5 To Be Launched In India As An Amazon Exclusive
- Jaguars Sign Andrew Norwell To 5-Year, $$66.5 Million Deal
- SC indefinitely extends March 31 deadline for mandatory Aadhaar
- Trump appoints Tillerson as Secretary of State with Central Intelligence Agency director Pompeo
- Citizens Financial Group Inc (CFG) Holdings Raised by FDx Advisors Inc
- Paul Pogba Named in Manchester United's Champions League Squad to Face Sevilla
- American Express (AXP) Earns "Hold" Rating from Stephens
- Va. Tech faces Alabama in NCAA Tournament
- Oil prices rise towards $70 fueling more subsidy fears