The administration of President Muhammadu Buhari disregarded freedom of the press in Benue on Monday as correspondents of The PUNCH, ThisDay, Vanguard, Tribune, New Telegraph, The Nation and others were barred from covering the President's visit.
In what is an obstruction to the freedom of the press, only 7 media organisations were handpicked to cover the president's visit to the state.
Reno Omokri, former media aide of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, has criticised President Muhammadu Buhari for being "unaware" that Ibrahim Idris, inspector-general of police, did not obey his order to relocate to Benue.
Reacting to the development and the criticism that trailed the president's comment, the presidential spokesman said the alleged disobedience is yet to be confirmed.
"With all due respect, if the man (IGP) has not done what he is supposed to do as instructed, it simply means he is undermining your authority and as President, you should know what to do", he said.
Buhari had said, "I am getting to know this in this meeting".
"This places a huge question mark on the regular assurances issued from the Presidency on security".
"Nigerians need to know: what exactly did President Buhari, as the Commander-in-Chief, do when he realized that the IGP did not carry out his orders?"
We are finished as a people to know that president Buhari is not empathetic even to the feelings of the bereaved families, that was why he could launch such a grave lie to justify his inhumanity instead of apology.
"Nigerians are miffed that while the wailings over these daily bloodletting are yet to abate, President Buhari is busy announcing his plans to return to Benue to seek for another round of votes".
"This shows clinically that Mr President is truly not aware that Nigerians have since abandoned him in his state of unawareness. Security is the responsibility of people from the wards to the local government, traditional rulers, states governors and up to the Federal". "The relationship between farmers and herders will continue; it behooves us to keep encouraging ourselves to live together peacefully", he said.
- Judge releases video of fatal federal courtroom shooting
- WR Danny Amendola expected to sign with Dolphins, according to reports
- Package containing liquid is found in Labour MP Mohammad Yasin's office
- Barbershop Pharmacists: A Good Rx for High Blood Pressure
- (CELG) Holdings Reduced by Highland Capital Management LLC
- Here's when Apple will reveal what's next for iOS and macOS
- The Flash executive producer shoots down Mystery Girl fan theories
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Given Media Sentiment Rating of 0.13
- 'No deal' Brexit could cost UK, EU firms 58 bln pounds
- Bay Area ICE spokesman resigns, refused to deliver 'misleading facts,' report says