The Pac-12 Conference women's basketball contingent doubled up the number of bids the men's teams earned to the NCAA Tournament, landing six teams into the field that was announced Monday on ESPN.
It's the first tournament appearance ever for the Seattle U women. They won the WAC title over the weekend.
Seattle U is seeded No. 15 in the Spokane region while OR is seeded No. 2.
Friday's game will be at 7 p.m.in Eugene and will air on ESPN2.
The Ducks enter the NCAA tournament with a 30-4 overall record, including a current nine-game winning streak.
If the Redhawks can find a way to upset the Ducks in the opening round, they'll face the victor of the Green Bay-Minnesota game in the tournament's Eugene pod.
Notre Dame, Louisville and Mississippi State are the other No. 1 seeds. Seattle was the No. 4 seed into the tournament and knocked off top-seeded New Mexico State in the semifinals before upending second-seeded Cal State Bakersfield in the final, 57-54.
The Redhawks are led by 5-foot-10 wing Alexis Montgomery, a Beaverton native who averages 18.9 points and 10.0 rebounds per game. "When the fans get involved, it's just a great atmosphere".
The Beavers head to this year's NCAA Tournament with a record of 23-7 - its fifth straight 20-win campaign.
Last season, UConn came into the NCAAs as the overwhelming favorite before losing to Mississippi State in the Final Four.
- City leaders, NCAA Tournament organizers excited to show off Wichita
- Delhi: Uber 'driver' locks woman inside cab, sexually harasses her
- Andhra Bank up 8%, recovers from Monday's fall
- 'No deal' Brexit could cost UK, EU companies a reported £58b
- Storm Team 11 Forecast: Cloudy with scattered flurries
- Grab Teams Up With Japan's Credit Saison for Lending Services
- Dota 2 gets subscription service Dota Plus
- AIR 1 Nishita Purohit Shares Preparation Strategies with NEET, AIIMS Aspirants
- Must act quickly on European investment budget - Merkel
- CM Punk's Second UFC Fight Booked for UFC 225 in Chicago