Electric performance brand Polestar says its first vehicle, the Polestar 1, an electric performance hybrid GT Coupé is now available for pre-ordering in 18 countries around the globe, including one right-hand drive market, the United Kingdom. Applications to buy a Polestar 1 can be made online on the firm's website, with those successful then able to use a configurator to spec the auto to their liking before confirming their order.
Polestar has claimed interest already in excess of 7,000 people since the model was unveiled.
For now, the final price for the model has not been announced, although rumors say the auto will cost some 130,000 euro ($160,000).
The performance hybrid, which produces 600bhp and 1,000Nm of torque, offers 150km (93 miles) of pure electric range and is expected to cost from around £115,000, with first deliveries due in the middle of 2019.
The pre-order process involves a fully-refundable deposit equivalent to $2500 Euro or $2500 U.S.D which serves as a placeholder in the queue for a Polestar 1.
If you want to get one, it would be best to put your deposit down now, since Polestar only plans to build 500 Polestar 1 models a year. Polestar is thinking about selling the Polestar 1, but it hasn't made a final decision.
Polestar appeared at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show as a standalone brand alongside parent company Volvo for the first time this year, where Chief Operating Officer Jon Goodman told Auto Express that there were now around 6,000 expressions of interest in the coupe before a confirmed price had even been announced.
- The Final Episode of Wolfenstein II's The Freedom Chronicles DLC Out Today
- Essential Phone Android 8.1 Oreo Update Rolling Out
- Redskins to sign WR Paul Richardson
- Entercom Communications' (ETM) "Buy" Rating Reiterated at Noble Financial
- Charles Manson's grandson wins battle for killer's corpse
- Protestors Leave Thousands of Shoes at US Capitol
- Eagles release TE Brent Celek, the longest-tenured member of the team
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2 pops half a million sales in first week
- Bhandari gets second term as Nepal President
- Varun Dhawan to go live on Twitter, Instagram to launch October trailer