"Neither did you [the Delhi government] take up the task of notifying 351 stretches to provide relief to traders nor was a renowned lawyer appointed to contend the issue legally", Mr. Chahal said, adding that a panel of representatives from the Delhi BJP that had met the CM on January 30 over the sealing issue was "misbehaved" with.
Prominent markets likely to be closed on Tuesday are Chandni Chowk, Connaught Place, Lajpat Nagar, Amar Colony, Khan Market, South Extension, Greater Kailash, Karol Bagh, Sadar Bazaar, Kamla Nagar, Ashok Vihar, Vikas Marg, Preet Vihar, Model Town, Azadpur, Kalkaji among several others.
A "vyapari panchayat" has also been called by CAIT president Praveen Khandelwal in Karol Bagh today, where thousands of traders are expected to attend. While Delhi Congress chief Ajay Maken intends to attend the meeting despite the party's bitter rivalry with Aam Aadmi Party, BJP has chosen to be cautious, sarcastically advising whoever is attending to wear a helmet in what is obviously a vicious reference to the alleged attack on Delhi's chief secretary at a meeting in the CM's residence.
The AAP has been saying from the beginning, sealing can be stopped only by a bill or by an ordinance if Parliament is not in session.
The Resident Welfare Associations (RWAs) have also extended support to the trade bandh, demanding the central and state governments' immediate intervention.
The issue of sealing, Mr. Chahal wrote, has been bothering the Capital's traders and shopkeepers since December 2017 but the AAP "government did nothing to remedy the situation". "We also requested the personnel to verify our shop documents before shutting it down, but they did not even listen to us and started using force", he alleged. "Sealing is not the only solution", he said.
Khandelwal also led a delegation of traders to Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Monday.
On Monday, the East Delhi Municipal Corporation sealed 23 properties in Gagan Vihar, Shakarpur and Gandhi Nagar for misuse of stilt floor.
- Craig Mack Former Diddy's Bad Boy rapper dead at 46
- Storm Team 11 Forecast: Cloudy with scattered flurries
- Grab Teams Up With Japan's Credit Saison for Lending Services
- ETRADE Capital Management LLC Buys 368 Shares of American Tower Corp (AMT)
- China asks United Nations , global community to respect PH sovereignty
- City leaders, NCAA Tournament organizers excited to show off Wichita
- Baaghi 2 song Lo Safar: Tiger Shroff pines for Disha Patani
- How Barbershops Could Play a Role in Lowering Blood Pressure
- Dota 2 gets subscription service Dota Plus
- Slingshot malware attacks PCs through routers