Furthermore, the number of patients on trolleys in any given day has exceeded 600 on 14 separate days so far this year.
She added: "This upsurge was predictable and the INMO warned against inaction or insufficient action in the wake of Storm Emma".
Nurses said there were 15 children waiting on trolleys for admission to a bed, seven at Temple Street Hospital and eight at Our Lady's Hospital in Crumlin.
The Taoiseach said the case for extra beds in our hospitals is "indisputable".
Fianna Fáil health spokesman Billy Kelleher described the latest figures as "absolutely deplorable".
714 people are awaiting admission to hospitals nationwide, 24 of them at Letterkenny University Hospital.
Hospitals are bracing themselves for another day of chronic overcrowding.
Labour spokesperson on Health, Alan Kelly TD, has called on Simon Harris the Minister for Health to outline what action is being taken to address the overcrowding crisis in Irish hospitals.
This snapshot survey represents circa 25% of private and voluntary nursing homes.
"Emergency department patients are seen in order of priority which may result in patients with minor illnesses or injuries experiencing delays".
The cross-party Sláintecare report published last May clearly stated that addressing ED overcrowding required a system wide response, including the need to enhance primary and social care services to provide patient centred care, which would reduce the over-reliance on public hospitals, he said. "We would like to thank the general public for their understanding and cooperation during this busy period".
- USA 'fully' expects summit with N. Korea
- SBI reduces minimum balance charges to Rs 15: Check out new rates
- Analyst Stock Recommendations For Cedar Realty Trust, Inc. (CDR), Zumiez Inc. (ZUMZ)
- 30 accused in 2009 Mangaluru pub attack acquitted
- Looking at teams Rams are competing with in signing Sammy Watkins
- UGA women's basketball to face Mercer in NCAA tournament
- Coutinho would welcome Neymar back to Barcelona: Arthur...?
- BBC Appeals to UN Over 'Collective Punishment' of Its Journalists by Iran
- Parent to sell TCS stake
- Passenger's bag may have cut off fuel, leading to deadly helicopter crash