Manu Kumar Jain, VP, India head of Xiaomi made an announcement on Twitter about the same.
Back then, the company had announced the roll-out schedule for MIUI 9 global stable ROM for India and released a list of Redmi and Mi phones that will be getting it in the days to come.
The MIUI 9 update will come as an OTA update on compatible devices.
If you haven't installed the MIUI 9 Global ROM, you can follow the below procedure to get the software on your Xiaomi phone. "MIUI 9 update will be pushed to the users through OTA successively in different batches", writes Xiaomi in a blog post.
Xiaomi MIUI 9 global ROM is based on Google's Android Nougat and brings the latest security enhancements, value-added features such as multi-window options, night mode, and bundled notification, among others. And lastly, the MIUI 9 also has an image search feature that can differentiate between images by keywords entered by the user. Besides, users can also check for it manually by heading to the Updater app.
The company also claims that MIUI 9 will make the phone work smoothly without any lags by dynamic resource allocation based on app's priority level and also make the apps to load faster than before.
For the ones who are used to flashing their phones, they can download the update from the MIUI forum. The update was first detailed at an event in New Delhi back in November past year, and is being pushed to most of its devices as an OTA update. Recently Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro were launched in India and the smartphone was priced at an affordable range for the masses. The camera on Redmi 5 packs a 12-megapixel primary camera with big pixels for better images on the rear and a 5-megapixel front camera for selfies. A 4100mAh battery backs the device without support for fast charging.
The Xiaomi Redmi 5 is powered by octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and it comes with 2GB of RAM. The Xiaomi Redmi 5 is a dual SIM smartphone that accepts Nano-SIM.
- Delhi: Uber 'driver' locks woman inside cab, sexually harasses her
- Hamas condemns Gaza attack targeting Palestinian Prime Minister Hamdallah
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) is Barrett Asset Management LLC's 6th Largest Position
- Must act quickly on European investment budget - Merkel
- Grab Teams Up With Japan's Credit Saison for Lending Services
- 'No deal' Brexit could cost UK, EU companies a reported £58b
- Jose Mourinho SLAUGHTERS Frank de Boer after Marcus Rashford criticism
- Analysts Sights: Goodyear Tire Rubber (GT)
- CM Punk's Second UFC Fight Booked for UFC 225 in Chicago
- Storm Team 11 Forecast: Cloudy with scattered flurries