Release date, product description, and even platforms are all left blank for now, and there's no placeholder image yet.
The fact that Amazon has included the game in the list might suggest an announcement not too far in time, perhaps with a reveal in the spring and the first gameplay at E3 2018 in Los Angeles.
The last Splinter Cell title released was 2013's Blacklist.
People are excited because we haven't seen a new Splinter Cell game in a long time. Past year at E3, Ubisoft chief Yves Guillemot teased, 'I think you will be able to see something, but you will have to wait for that.' With E3 2018 just a few months away now, there's every chance we could see the curtains pulled back on a new Splinter Cell game at the event. Ubisoft has not announced anything official yet, therefore it would be wise to wait until the French company officially unveils a new part in the Splinter Cell series. When Geoff Keighley questioned him about the future of the franchise during a livestream, Guillemot responded in the affirmative, but didn't offer any solid information. "We are not forgetting Splinter Cell".
"I can't say much about that". This was actually more affirmative language than we're used to hearing from executives on matters such as these.
On the Amazon Canada website, a listing for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 2018 has appeared.
- Fox Really Wants A BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER Reboot
- Vikings QB Keenum to sign with Broncos
- RBI clamps down on credit guarantees as PNB fraud swells
- Redskins to sign WR Paul Richardson
- Bhandari gets second term as Nepal President
- Saucon Valley Under Winter Weather Advisory for 2-4 Inches of Snow
- Mourinho accused of taking 'blood money' for working for Russian channel
- Investors' React on Long-Term Obligation: Fifth Third Bancorp (NASDAQ:FITB)
- Crazy Volume Spikes for: Southwestern Energy Company (SWN)
- The Nutanix (NTNX) Stock Price Up 0% After Analyst Upgrade