A report by the Washington Post said that Tillerson was asked on Friday to step down from his post, which he assumed just over a year ago.
Tillerson navigated storms involving Trump's decision to cease implementing the Paris Climate Accord, escalating tensions with the North Korean regime, and questions over Russian meddling in the 2016 election.
Rex Tillerson is out as secretary of State, ending a tumultuous tenure as America's top diplomat.
In 2010, Pompeo defeated State Senator Jean Schodorf for the Kansas Republican primary for the 4th District Congressional seat. If confirmed, she would be the first female head of the intelligence agency. He was approved by the full Senate on a 56-43 vote mostly along party lines on February 1.
Before issuing his statement, Tillerson called his British counterpart Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson to discuss the investigation into last week's attempt to kill former Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter in the southwest of England.
Tillerson earned a Distinguished Eagle Scout designation as a youth.
- Paul Pogba Named in Manchester United's Champions League Squad to Face Sevilla
- Mizzou returns to NCAA Tournament for first time in 5 seasons
- OECD upgrades global, Japan growth outlooks for 2018, 2019
- Dow turns lower as industrial stocks weigh
- Ex-student gets probation program in body fluids case
- AIR 1 Nishita Purohit Shares Preparation Strategies with NEET, AIIMS Aspirants
- What Does The Data Behind Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT) Suggest?
- Private Member's bill moved by Sanjay Singh to end sealing drive
- Writing essay service how it is.
- Bears reportedly expected to land Allen Robinson when free agency opens