"The officials say Trump told Netanyahu that until now the three European powers only proposed "cosmetic changes" that he doesn't find satisfactory". Thus far, the USA has successfully tried to target the Iranian regime without violating the nuclear deal which President Trump has repeatedly criticized. However, he has repeatedly waived sanctions against Tehran that were lifted as part of the Obama-era deal, though he has also warned he will not continue to do so going forward. The president wants European allies to join him in demanding an end to Iran's ballistic-missile testing, which are not addressed by the nuclear deal; unrestricted access for United Nations nuclear inspectors to Iran's military sites, which have previously hosted nuclear weapons experimentation; and permanent caps on Iran's enrichment of fissile material, which in the current deal sunset within 10 to 15 years.
The talks between Trump and Netanyahu took place in the White House on March 5.
"The conversation lasted an hour longer than was allocated for it".
"I said that the nuclear agreement with Iran contains within it many dangers for the world, including the special danger of the nuclearisation of the West Asia", Netanyahu said, according to an statement.
Netanyahu reportedly referred to Saudi Arabia, which is in talks to buy nuclear reactors from the US.
"We will never let Iran develop nuclear weapons, not now, not in ten years, not ever", the premiere declared to wild applause.
The move is the latest in a series of measures by Washington aimed at dealing with one of the greatest diplomatic hurdles before Donald Trump's administration, to contain the regime in Iran while keeping up to America's global commitments within the JCPOA.
Trump has said that he will allow for the reimposition of nuclear-related sanctions on Iran upon a mid-May waiver deadline unless Europe agrees to some form of renegotiation.
Trump in January set a 120-day deadline for U.S. lawmakers and European allies to "fix" the deal or face a United States exit.
- Redmi 5 To Be Launched In India As An Amazon Exclusive
- Pac-12 women's basketball teams make NCAA Tournament
- Bears reportedly expected to land Allen Robinson when free agency opens
- Federer on fire in Indian Wells
- OECD upgrades global, Japan growth outlooks for 2018, 2019
- Comerica Bank Acquires 52967 Shares of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NCLH)
- SC indefinitely extends March 31 deadline for mandatory Aadhaar
- Citizens Financial Group Inc (CFG) Holdings Raised by FDx Advisors Inc
- Investors Catching Stocks Applied Materials, Inc. (AMAT)
- 1 dead, 2 injured in shooting at Plant City business