The South Carolina Gamecock women's basketball team, the defending national championship program, was announced as a No. 2 seed in the Albany Regional on Monday night during the ESPN Selection Show.
For the first time in five years, SC will not be a No. 1 seed in the tournament, though it will host the opening rounds for the fourth straight year as a top-4 seed.
The Gamecocks will face off against North Carolina A&T in the Albany region.
This year marks the first time in school history that the Gamecocks enter the tournament as a No. 2 seed. Purchase ticket booklets by calling 1-800-4SC-FANS, visiting the Colonial Life Arena box office during regular business hours or going online at GamecocksOnline.com. The victor will advance to play the victor between California and Virginia in the second round on Sunday.
The Aggies earned the 15th seed in the Albany Region and will play No. 2 seed SC in the opening round.
Single-session tickets for the first and second rounds will go on sale at 10 a.m. Tue., March 13. Youth, University faculty/staff and group pricing is also available.
SC has made the NCAA field for a seventh straight season.
- Jesse Lingard sends Man United message to Marcus Rashford
- Analysts Issue Forecasts for US Bancorp's Q1 2018 Earnings (USB)
- Mohammed Shami row : Kolkata police seek details of cricketer's travel from BCCI
- USA 'fully' expects summit with N. Korea
- New York City helicopter crash victims (2018)
- BBC Appeals to UN Over 'Collective Punishment' of Its Journalists by Iran
- Indian Wells: Roger Federer match suspended, Verdasco stuns Dimitrov
- Pakistan to play three T20Is with West Indies in Karachi
- Analyst Stock Recommendations For Cedar Realty Trust, Inc. (CDR), Zumiez Inc. (ZUMZ)
- Kim Jong-un Seeks Peace Treaty in Trump Talks