# Samajwadi Party's Nagendra Pratap Singh Patel leading by 12,231 votes with 99,557 votes, BJP's Kaushlendra Singh Patel second with 87,326 votes after eight round of counting.
AM: In round six, RJD candidate is ahead by over 6000 votes. 7 candidates are in the fray including BJP's Pradeep Kumar Singh and RJD's Sarfaraz Alam.
In Bhabua, BJP's Rinki Pandey is leading over Congress' Sambhu Patel, while Janta Dal-United's Abhiram Sharma is leading from Jahanabad assembly seat over Rashtriya Janata Dal's Suday Yadav.
The results of bye-elections in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar will be declared on Wednesday.
According to latest updates, BJP is leading in the Araria Lok Sabha constituency by 1749 votes after 10 rounds of counting.
In Jehanabad assembly seat the postal ballots are about 150. Though the final result will be announced by today afternoon, trends and leads will start coming by 08:30 am when the first round of counting is expected to end.
While a 57 per cent voter turnout was recorded in Araria, Jehanabad and Bhabhua recorded a voter turnout of 50.6 and 54.3 per cent, respectively. He recently quit the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) and joined the alliance of RJD and Congress. Manjhi hails from neighbouring Gaya districts and wields significant influence in Jehanabad. The elections in Araria took place as the seat was vacated after the death of sitting RJD lawmaker Taslimuddin in September a year ago.
The RJD-Congress alliance is upbeat after a good voter turnout in Araria, Bhabua and Jehanabad and expressed confidence that the alliance candidates will win.
Both the seats were won by the BJP in 2014 but Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath vacated Gorakhpur seat and deputy chief minister Keshav Prasad Maurya vacated the Phulpur seat.
- YouTube to work with Wikipedia to curb conspiracy theories
- Eye-rolling reporter is too much for China's censors
- Out-of-control fire destroying Melbourne retirement home
- Intuitive Surgical, Inc. (NASDAQ:ISRG) SVP Mark J. Meltzer Sells 24000 Shares
- Keenum Intends to Sign with Broncos
- The Suntrust Banks Inc. Grows Position in Nike Inc (NKE)
- Tim McGraw Less Flying, Shorter Workouts I'll Be Okay After Collapse
- US consumer prices rose modest 0.2 percent in February
- China's Industrial Production Rises Most Since Mid
- Maruti Suzuki Swift likely to get a six-speed gearbox