New England Patriots left tackle Nate Solder has been a popular guy this offseason and has drawn interest from numerous teams - the Cleveland Browns are the latest on the list, according to Boston Globe's Ben Volin. He has yet to inform the Browns of his plans this offseason.
Only one of five players in history selected to the Pro Bowl in his first 10 seasons, Thomas had never missed a snap in his career before he got hurt while blocking on a routine running play against Tennessee on October 22. They would love to keep Solder, who has been Tom Brady's blindside protector for a long time.
Solder (6-foot-8, 325 pounds) was selected by the Patriots in the first round of the 2011 NFL Draft out of Colorado.
Even after that flurry, the Browns still have the second-most cap space in the National Football League at $77.8 million, per Spotrac. The Texans and Broncos have also been linked. They have about $61 million in cap space available. He'll make an additional $10.3 million in salary next season. He is due a $3 million roster bonus on March 18.
Teams across the league are using the in-between period to pursue the Patriots' unrestricted free agents.
Thomas lost weight immediately after being injured because he could not work out.
New Browns general manager John Dorsey has been active in recent days overhauling the team's roster. "Joe has been a tremendous Cleveland Brown, has done anything and everything we've asked of him, so I think it's only right that we give him the opportunity to work through this and make the best decision for him".
The moves could potentially provide insight into how the Browns feel about which way Thomas is leaning. They have had a losing record in 10 straight seasons since then.
- Virginia to play NCAAs without freshman sixth man De'Andre Hunter
- Global Automotive Audio System Market 2018- Bowers & Wilkins, Hyundai Mobis
- Here's why Abhay Deol will dump Katrina Kaif
- With Jake Arrieta signed, what comes next for the 2018 Phillies?
- Dion Lewis agrees to deal with Titans
- Zarif opens Iran-Pakistan business forum in Karachi
- Robert Whittaker vs Yoel Romero 2 targeted for UFC 225
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (NYSE:TEVA) Short Interest Up 8.2% in February
- Trump considering Rick Perry to take over VA
- Atlanta United see off DC United in front of MLS record crowd