The House of Representatives resolved to recall the suspension slammed on Abdulmumin Jibrin, former Chairman, House Committee on Appropriations.
The speaker of the House Yakubu Dogara showed his letter of apology indicating that the lawmaker had finally written to the House to apologise for his involvement in the twenty sixteen budget padding saga.
His suspension followed a motion recommended by House Ethics Committee chairman, Nicholas Ossai, and adopted by the whole House.
He accused top members of the House, including its speaker, Yakubu Dogara of padding the 2016 budget with fictitious projects running into billions of Naira. Emmanuel Orker-Jev, cited breach of House' privilege by Jibrin and proposed tough sanctions against him. Hon Jibrin was reckless and the allegations were false.
"My resolve to champion this cause was borne out of patriotism and desire to complement the present administration's anti-corruption war from the legislative front,".
Dogara said that the lawmaker was free to resume his legislative duties whenever he so wished.
- Marqise Lee re-signing with Jaguars
- Third death at Cape Town Cycle Tour
- Recap of Sunday night Fastlane, Cena challenges Undertaker on Raw
- Apple acquires 'Netflix for magazines' app Texture
- State of Finland acquires over €840m in Nokia shares
- Leo Varadkar promises Schwarzenegger: 'I'll be back'
- Featured Stock Overview: Park Hotels & Resorts Inc. (PK)
- NASA Astronaut Scott Kelly's DNA Changed in Space
- Professor Stephen Hawking dies age 76
- VW Confirms 3 New EVs For 2018, SEDRIC Concept To Enter Production