Hacker said the van was on its regular school transport route.
The woman driving the van - named as Judith Van Eps, 68, by KARE11 - is thought to be in a stable condition. Addition passengers include Natasha Schlief, 12, Blade Schlief, 10 also from Danver are both in stable condition. Braydn Sanderson, 15, of Danvers was treated and released. According to the Swift County sheriff, 16-year-old Gaige Anderson is in critical condition.
There were reports of numerous injuries, according to a news release sent Monday evening by the Sheriff's Office, and many responder units were sent to the intersection of 30th Street and 130th Avenue Northwest.
The semi driver, 43-year-old Jeremy Beyer, was uninjured in the crash. The Sheriff's Office also paged out for Appleton Ambulance & Fire, Benson Ambulance & Fire, Stevens County Medical Ambulances, Danvers First Responders and Fire, and Holloway First Responders.
Holtz said the man driving the semitrailer was evaluated at the scene and released. According to the Swift County Sheriff's Office, seven students were passengers in the school van that was involved in a t-bone crash with a semi at about 3:42 p.m. Monday near the corner of County Road 20 and County Road 63 NW. The semi was traveling east on County Road 20 when the van struck the front drivers wheel directly behind the cab of the semi-tractor.
"It's an unusual day for our school district", Hancock Superintendent Loren Hacker said at a news conference Tuesday.
Hacker said he is now focused on next steps.
He said the children - some of whom are siblings - are aged between ten and 16. "Hug each other. Love conquers all".
"It's very traumatic", Holtz said. Then the Swift County Sheriff's Department can finish its investigation and hand the case over to the Swift County Attorney to decide whether any charges should be filed.
- Haryana professor shot dead for scolding student over eve-teasing
- Ileana Comments On Casting Couch
- Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT) Earns Overweight Rating from Piper Jaffray Companies
- WrestleMania 34: The first-ever Fabulous Moolah Memorial Battle Royal
- Ranveer Singh Is Entertainer Of The Year
- Lomachenko-Linares Fight Finalized for May 12 at MSG
- Republican candidate calls Parkland survivor Emma González a "skinhead lesbian"
- Panipat first look: Ashutosh Gowariker's movie to star Arjun Kapoor, Sanjay Dutt
- Walmart to Expand Online Grocery Delivery Coast to Coast
- National Football League free agency rumors: Browns tender Josh Gordon for 2018 season