People are silhouetted as they pose with laptops in front of a screen projected with a Google logo.
Google shared today that the company's ads team killed 3.2 billion so-called "bad ads" in 2017, an increase of 88 percent from the previous year, when the company removed 1.7 billion "bad ads". By this move, the technology company said it was able to block the majority of bad adverts experiences, like malvertising and phishing scams, before the scams impacted people.
Online ads enable all sorts of free services online, including search and social networks and the article you're reading now, but Google is working harder than ever to keep the bad ones at bay.
Banished 320,000 publishers from the AdWords network for violating ad policies. It also blocked almost 90,000 websites and 700,000 mobile apps for policy violations.
For example with page-level enforcement - Page level enforcement allows them to take action on even more violations at the source of the violation and minimise the revenue impact on legitimate publishers - as they take action on the page as opposed to the whole site.
The United States of America's technology company said it blocked 79 million adverts on its network for attempting to send people to malware-laden sites, and removed 400,000 of these unsafe sites previous year. Google said Tuesday that it would join Facebook in banning advertising for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies on its services and advertising platforms. Google is also accelerating a push against misleading content.
Search giant, Google pulled down 3.2 billion adverts that violated its advertising and publishers policies in 2017, in Nigeria and other part of the world.
Google will ban online advertisements promoting cryptocurrencies and initial coin offerings starting in June, Bloomberg reports, referring to an update to the company's policy.
Stansfield revealed that many website owners used the firm's advertising platforms, like AdSense, to run Google ads on their sites and content and make money.She said Google paid $12.6 billion back to the publishing partners in its ad network past year.
As Google implement these new changes, the Google ad's network becomes a lot safer, resulting in websites and blogs not having to worry about the ads that appear via Google's Adsense program.
- Nuveen NY Municipal Value Plans Monthly Dividend of $0.03 (NYSE:NNY)
- SP leading in Yogi's seat, media barred from counting centre
- Eye-rolling reporter is too much for China's censors
- Senate reverses self, to screen CBN deputy governors, others
- Tim McGraw Less Flying, Shorter Workouts I'll Be Okay After Collapse
- Varadkar Says Post Brexit Border Would Be 'A Target'
- Sarah Drew, Michelle Hurd Cast in CBS' 'Cagney & Lacey' Pilot
- Trump threatens Europe with more tariffs
- Altria Group Inc (MO) Shares Bought by CIBC Asset Management Inc
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ALXN) Receiving Somewhat Positive Press Coverage, Study Shows