Belgium worldwide Batshuayi has scored seven goals in nine appearances for the Bundesliga outfit since joining in January until the end of the season.
In total, the 24-year-old has scored seven goals in nine matches for the German outfit, which has prompted reports that the club will try to sign the striker permanently when the season comes to an end.
"I'd be very pleased if Michy were to stay", Reus told journalists after the 3-2 win over Frankfurt.
'He showed how important he can be for us.
"I hope we finish the season in a Champions League place".
Dortmund manager Peter Stoger has granted the forward the responsibility in attack he once enjoyed at Marseille since he came to the Westfalenstadion, and Batshuayi has repaid that faith with much-improved form.
"I am very relieved because I haven't been scoring recently", said Batshuayi, who had not scored in three league games before Sunday.
The former Marseille hitman is in a similar position to Kenedy, now on loan at Newcastle.
The Bundesliga side would be thrilled to keep Batshuayi on a permanent deal but his performances have been so good that his price tag could continue to rise, thus pricing them out of a move.
- Europa League: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang 'frustrated' with forced absence for Arsenal
- Upgraded Raspberry Pi 3 delivers more power and faster networking
- WrestleMania 34: The first-ever Fabulous Moolah Memorial Battle Royal
- Bride-to-be and hen party die in private jet crash
- Seaside High teacher believed to have accidentally fired gun in class
- Hard Facts About QUALCOMM Incorporated (NASDAQ:QCOM)
- PAOK chief sorry for storming pitch with gun
- Sergio Garcia, wife Angela at hospital preparing to welcome baby girl
- Lomachenko-Linares Fight Finalized for May 12 at MSG
- Karnataka poll watch: Rajya Sabha nominations, candidate screening and more