Since Maruti is projecting massive volumes for the new 6-speed manual gearbox, codenamed MF30, expect a wide range of cars and SUVs to receive the new transmission.
The 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift was launched at the Auto Expo in February. Now the new variant would most likely be introduced in the new Swift hatchback, which the company launched last month with a five-speed gearbox, the report said.
Maruti Suzuki plans to bring 50,000 units of the new transmission in the first year.
For instance, cruising speed of 80-100km/hour on the highway can be done in the sixth gear rather than in the fifth gear. This will improve the overall fuel economy and reduces the stress on the engine. With the introduction of the 6-speed transmission, the cars will deliver improved performance and better fuel efficiency.
This will not be the first time that Maruti Suzuki is using a six-speed gearbox.
Maruti Suzuki cars
We don't give guidance on future products and technologies.
Earlier, it had used six-speed gearboxes in its previous S-Cross cars but with limited success.
However, with the phasing out of the earlier generation model and subsequent launch of the all-new version past year the company also terminated the use of the six-speed gearbox. But in its facelifted avatar, Maruti Suzuki chose to discontinue the 1.6-litre engine and the 6-speed gearbox.
The Delhi-based company will not be the only company to offer six-speed transmissions.
Maruti Suzuki has developed a brand new 6-speed manual gearbox that it will soon start offering on its hot-selling cars in India. Tata Motors offers 6-speed manual gearboxes on the Nexon, the Safari Storme, and the Hexa. Hyundai Elite i20, Verna, Elantra, Creta, and Tucson comes with the six-speed unit and it could be one of the reasons why Maruti Suzuki now prompted to bring new transmission. The engines are now offered in five-speed manual transmission and five-speed Auto Gear Shift (AGS) transmission in both petrol and diesel trims.
- Sneed Acquires 1000 Shares of Berry Global Group Inc (BERY) Stock
- LG G7 Release Reportedly Taking Place In May
- Walmart (WMT) Lowered to "Market Perform" at UBS Group
- Budget padding: Reps recall Jibrin from suspension
- US consumer prices rose modest 0.2 percent in February
- Professor Stephen Hawking dies age 76
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF) — Stock Trending Alert
- Tim McGraw Less Flying, Shorter Workouts I'll Be Okay After Collapse
- YouTube to work with Wikipedia to curb conspiracy theories
- TCU Horned Frogs headed to the NCAA men's basketball tournament