In his first full season in the Mets' minor leagues previous year, Tebow hit.226 with eight home runs, 52 R.B.I. and 126 strikeouts in 126 games.
Tim Tebow is among the Mets' first wave of roster cuts. Tebow has been awful at the plate, going 1-18 with 11 strikeouts. "They have been super honest the whole time".
Tebow will now join the Mets' minor league camp where he will face competition that's more on his level.
Tebow has been limited to a DH role after spraining his ankle last month when he tripped on a sprinkler head in the outfield during drills.
"It jut didn't make sense for us to push it to get him ready for opening day", Callaway said.
Earlier in spring training, Mets general manager Sandy Alderson said he thinks Tebow will be in the major leagues one day.
In Grapefruit League play, Tebow got off to a rough start picking up just one hit in 18 at-bats. "It's having a long-term mindset with a here-and-now focus".
Others jettisoned to minor league camp were pitchers Gerson Bautista, Jamie Callahan, Marcos Molina and Corey Oswalt, all of whom were optioned.
He will return to minor-league camp, but could still get a callup during the season if he improves enough.
- Rally to return after 15 years in the garage
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (NYSE:TEVA) Short Interest Up 8.2% in February
- Jose Mourinho calls Frank de Boer 'worst manager in Premier League history'
- Court upholds most of Texas law cracking down on "sanctuary cities"
- Kenya catering for 2000 Ethiopians who fled Moyale killings
- Warriors again without Iguodala, with bench thin vs. Wolves
- Science teacher feeds puppy to turtle in front of students
- Robert Whittaker vs Yoel Romero 2 targeted for UFC 225
- Moto G5S is available at Rs 4000 discount on Amazon India website
- Here's why Abhay Deol will dump Katrina Kaif