"I think it's pretty much already been said, to be honest with you", he replied when asked whether he was retiring.
The 36-year-old took the call on his 19-year long career after undergoing a medical procedure to correct an irregular heart rhythm late last year after suffering from dizzy spells.
The 36-year-old club captain has featured sparingly for United this season, having been sidelined earlier in the campaign due to a heart scare.
United boss Jose Mourinho confirmed the Englishman will have a place on his coaching team once he stops playing and with Rooney tipping him for success, it seems Carrick is set to remain a part of the Red Devils beyond the ongoing season. "But it's looking likely, yeah".
The midfielder has thankfully returned since but ahead of the Champions League last-16 clash with Sevilla he announced his retirement at the end of the season, but his time with the club won't be over just yet stating that it is "likely" he will join José Mourinho's backroom staff.
"I'm clear now, it took a bit of time to get over".
"It started in the Burton game and then happened again in training", Carrick added, discussing his health problem. For two or three days I was thinking am going to carry on playing is it worth it but that passed and I got fit.
"I think it is quite refreshing to look at Scott and see how he deals with it", he said on the midfielder. At least I could decide and not be forced because of that, so I was determined to get back fit.
- Global Automotive Audio System Market 2018- Bowers & Wilkins, Hyundai Mobis
- Robert Whittaker vs Yoel Romero 2 targeted for UFC 225
- Suspect in Haley Anderson's Death Arrested in Nicaragua
- No, a Massive Geomagnetic Storm Will Not Hit Earth on March 18
- Virginia to play NCAAs without freshman sixth man De'Andre Hunter
- Trump pushes for new 'space force'
- Court upholds most of Texas law cracking down on "sanctuary cities"
- Imam-e-Kaaba meets COAS Gen Bajwa at GHQ
- Buveur D'Air retains Champion Hurdle title
- Windows 10 Spring Creators Update Release Due In April