Shakhtar Donetsk chief executive Sergei Palkin has confirmed that Fred will complete a transfer to Manchester this summer.
He told ESPN Brasil: "City are a great team, I would be happy to play there".
'Fred will leave in June. "If he does not go to Manchester City, he will go to Manchester United".
"In the middle of the year, we wait to see what will happen".
The Brazil global was expected to complete a move to the Etihad Stadium even though a January transfer could not be completed. "It is the best league in the world, I have no doubt, and I believe that my football would evolve", he added.
The 25 year-old midfielder has impressed in the UEFA Champions League this season, scoring Shakhtar's victor in its last-16 first leg against Roma and reportedly drawing the attention of both Manchester clubs. Guardiola did not talk to me, but there were people from City who talked to my manager.
"He's ready for the next stage, because as well as being good, he's also very professional". Unfortunately it did not work, but now I'm focused here, out of the window we try to forget and focus on football.
- Science teacher feeds puppy to turtle in front of students
- Virginia to play NCAAs without freshman sixth man De'Andre Hunter
- Dallas Fuel Releases Controversial Player After Second Suspension
- Court upholds most of Texas law cracking down on "sanctuary cities"
- Jose Mourinho calls Frank de Boer 'worst manager in Premier League history'
- Suspect in Haley Anderson's Death Arrested in Nicaragua
- Robert Whittaker vs Yoel Romero 2 targeted for UFC 225
- Former South Korean president Lee Myung-bak reports for questioning
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (NYSE:TEVA) Short Interest Up 8.2% in February
- Packers signing Muhammad Wilkerson to one-year deal, per report