A trailer for Sega Genesis Classics coming to PS4 this May was released today, but has been promptly removed indicating that someone at Sega prematurely published the video on Youtube.
The last major Mega Drive compilation was the Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, which contained nearly 50 games.
Hopefully it won't be too long until SEGA officially unveil the collection (for the second time).
It appears we'll have a chance to play the same old Sega Genesis games again in compilation form. To nobody's surprise, the big hitters are all there: Sonic The Hedgehog, Altered Beast, Golden Axe and so forth.
Presumably that means it'll be called Sega Mega Drive Classics in the rest of the world, and that the May 29 release date isn't necessarily going to be the same for everyone. Recently, the company accidentally released the full Yakuza 6 game as a demo, but it doesn't seem likely that gamers would complain about these kinds of mistakes.
This console version of Sega Genesis Collection will probably look an terrible lot like the Sega Mega Drive and Genesis Classics package that's already available on Steam. While waiting for SEGA to make an official announcement for this forthcoming collection, fans may be excited to know that Shenmue 3 is slated to release later this year and will leave its ending open for a sequel. Whether this new collection will be as robust as the one that the Xbox 360 and PS3 received remains to be seen.
- 'GTA V' To Launch Premium Edition, Includes DLC Pack
- NCAA Tournament Odds Texas Southern Tigers vs NC Central Eagles
- Hard Facts About QUALCOMM Incorporated (NASDAQ:QCOM)
- Pi Day deals: Blaze Pizza, Papa Murphy's, Boston Market, more
- Britain, EU should aim for customs union
- Seaside High teacher believed to have accidentally fired gun in class
- Fidelity National Information Services, Inc. (FIS), Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR)
- BIS Says Central Bank Digital Currencies Could Disrupt the Financial Ecosystem
- Christine Elliott concedes Ontario PC leadership to Doug Ford
- Toyota teases new RAV4 SUV