But before McMahon could bid farewell to the fans, he was interrupted by Owens and Zayn, who sarcastically "thanked" the Commissioner for the "opportunity" at the grandest stage and further added that his "agenda" of creating animosity between the two friends will not work.
Shane McMahon is leaving SmackDown Live-at least from a storyline perspective. He mentioned his heat with Owens starting when Owens attacked his father Vince in the middle of the ring.
"And based on, leading up to and what I saw at Fastlane, based on the commentary I heard tonight from these two individuals, it will be Kevin Owens taking on Sami Zayn at WrestleMania".
"No matter what the plan, Daniel Bryan will be the new acting commissioner and will need to address Owens" and Zayn's actions.
The WWE officials came out to stop the brutal assault but that did not deter Owens and Zayn as they went on to beat down the referees. Sending him throat first into the ring post then dragging him to the back, they powerbombed McMahon off some backstage equipment, ending the show as McMahon was being checked on by medical staff.
The duo also crushed Shane-O-Mac's larynx with a steel chair that they folded on his neck before pushing him on the turnbuckle. The split of Zayn in recent weeks was made to look like a huge plan so that they could reunite and stick it to McMahon. This event airs on pay-per-view (PPV) and WWE Network.
It's WrestleMania season baby!
- VW Confirms 3 New EVs For 2018, SEDRIC Concept To Enter Production
- Former Panthers RB Jonathan Stewart to sign with Giants
- The Zoetis Inc (ZTS) Holdings Decreased by Profund Advisors LLC
- Ravens to sign John Brown
- IShares Currency Hedged MSCI SWZ (HEWL) Declines 1.1759% for Mar 12
- US citizen gets prison in al-Qaida case
- Stock to Watch: Archer-Daniels-Midland Company (ADM)
- Google's new doodle marks 30th anniversary of Pi Day
- Ed Cooley has good sense of humor about splitting his trousers
- NASA Astronaut Scott Kelly's DNA Changed in Space