Disgruntled by unexpected loss in Senate election, Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz's (PMLN) leader Maryam Nawaz has lambasted the alleged nexus between Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan and Pakistan People's Party (PPP) Co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari. The PTI leader brushed off his chest and continued to smile. Imran appeared to have not noticed that the incident happened.
Imran Khan is expected to address a gathering at Katcheri Chowk.
On the same day, two men lobbed shoes at former prime minister Nawaz Sharif as he was about to begin his address at a seminary in Lahore, with one hitting him. Following the incident, the attacker was detained by the seminary's administration and later handed over to the police.
Two days ago, a man was arrested by police for allegedly attempting to hurl his shoe at the PTI chief in Faisalabad.
The attack on the ousted PM had drawn widespread condemnation from all mainstream political and religious parties. Foreign Minister Khawaja Muhammad Asif faced an unpleasant situation last week after a man splashed black ink at his face during his party's convention in his hometown Sialkot.
- Taking a Fresh Look at VMware, Inc. (VMW)
- Technical Recap on SUPERVALU Inc. (SVU)
- Science teacher feeds puppy to turtle in front of students
- Michael Carrick to hang up his boots at end of the season
- Las Vegas Sands (LVS) Earns Coverage Optimism Rating of 0.19
- Pakistan, US voice support for Afghan reconciliation process
- 'This Is Us': 5 Intriguing Fan Theories About the Season 2 Finale
- Chennaiyin fights back to hold FC Goa
- No, a Massive Geomagnetic Storm Will Not Hit Earth on March 18
- Rally to return after 15 years in the garage