Global authorities have arrested the former boyfriend of 22-year-old Binghamton nursing student Haley Anderson in connection with her murder.
ABC News reported Nicaragua National Police had confirmed the 22-year-old Tercero had been arrested Tuesday afternoon.
Earlier this week, Binghamton Police said they believe Tercero, Anderson's ex-boyfriend, had left on a flight from JFK in NY to Nicaragua last Friday.
Binghamton police officers responded to Haley Anderson's off-campus home on Oak Street, where she was found dead shortly before 1 p.m. Friday, authorities said.
Tercero, who was a senior majoring in nursing at BU, had been romantically involved with Anderson and left the United States before her body was discovered, according to police.
"This incident and the circumstances of the death [were] not a random act or involving the conduct of a stranger", the statement read.
Further information regarding Tercero's arrest was not immediately available.
Police suspected that Tercero chose to fly to Nicaragua because he has family there.
Earlier this week, Binghamton Police said they believe Tercero had left on a flight from JFK in NY to Nicaragua last Friday.
Anderson is originally from Westbury, New York, a town on the western half of Long Island.
- Dion Lewis agrees to deal with Titans
- Buveur D'Air retains Champion Hurdle title
- Zarif opens Iran-Pakistan business forum in Karachi
- NIA raids Srinagar central jail, seizes phones, Pakistani flag and jihadi material
- Court upholds most of Texas law cracking down on "sanctuary cities"
- Kansas City Chiefs TE Demetrius Harris Sentenced To Jail for Weed Arrest
- Writing essay service how it is.
- Atlanta United see off DC United in front of MLS record crowd
- Windows 10 Spring Creators Update Release Due In April
- AIR 1 Nishita Purohit Shares Preparation Strategies with NEET, AIIMS Aspirants