There were a few teams that got snubbed, along with some surprises.
Rasmussen cited USC's lack of quality wins as the factor. They reached the Pac-12 title game before losing to Arizona.
The Syracuse University men's basketball team will return to the NCAA Division I men's basketball tournament as the brackets were revealed Sunday. "When you look at their résumé, they only had two wins against teams in the tournament field", Rasmussen said, per ESPN's Kyle Bonagura.
"Southern Cal had a nice year". They had a lot of intense discussion. Yet, it was USC's failure to beat tournament-caliber teams that led to its absence from the Big Dance. "And they had two wins against teams in the field".
Their first game will be Friday against the victor of the match-up between Arizona State and Syracuse. You can bet they're unhappy.
The Bulldogs were an automatic qualifier for the NIT as a regular- season conference champion that failed to receive an invitation to the NCAA tournament.
- Walmart (WMT) Lowered to "Market Perform" at UBS Group
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF) — Stock Trending Alert
- Serena Williams ousted from Indian Wells by sister Venus
- Shane McMahon Taking Indefinite Leave of Absence as WWE SmackDown Commissioner
- Westbrook one shy of 100 triple-doubles
- Featured Stock Overview: Park Hotels & Resorts Inc. (PK)
- Vikings land Kirk Cousins on 3-year, $84 million contract
- Budget padding: Reps recall Jibrin from suspension
- Third death at Cape Town Cycle Tour
- Professor Stephen Hawking dies age 76