Teased in a shadowy silhouette image, the Japanese brand's fifth-generation RAV4 will debut at the NY auto show that kicks off March 28. That's where Toyota will reveal its all-new RAV4, previewed in this initial teaser image.
In the teaser, it appears to show a more upmarket model, with a longer profile similar to that of the NX/RX SUVs, from Toyota's premium brand Lexus. It has also formed the foundations for the all-new Corolla which was revealed at the Geneva show, now underway. Spy photos of the new SUV show angular headlights and a large square front grille that looks inspired by the Toyota FT-AC concept unveiled at the 2017 Los Angeles motor shown in November.
The current Toyota RAV4 went on sale in 2013, with a refreshed model hitting showrooms in 2016.
In 2017, the RAV4 sold more than 400,000 units, marking its best sales year ever despite its relatively advanced age (the current-generation RAV4 launched in 2013, a long time ago in vehicle years). For this reason, Toyota is expected to encapsulate on the success of premium rivals with the 2019 vehicle.
Engines may include petrol and hybrid options as found in other Toyota models; the recently revealed Auris' 1.2 and 1.8-litre petrol-electric hybrids could make their way under the RAV4's bonnet. In particular, the auto is built on the new "truck" Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA).
Toyota announced today that the 2019 RAV4 compact crossover will be unveiled at the New York Auto Show later this month.
- Bride-to-be and hen party die in private jet crash
- Turkish army surrounds Syrian city of Afrin
- Are Analysts Bullish Corporate Office Properties Trust (NYSE:OFC) After Last Week?
- Everything new in Nintendo Switch system update 5.0.0
- Seaside High teacher believed to have accidentally fired gun in class
- Home Depot Inc (HD) Holdings Lifted by Argent Trust Co
- Credit Suisse: Time To Buy Under Armour (UAA)? Has $18 Valuation Target
- Broadcom to end bid for Qualcomm, keeps plan to move to US
- Polls Close In Closely Watched House Special Election In PA
- Margot Robbie to play Sharon Tate in Tarantino's Manson film