The Minnesota Vikings have officially won the Kirk Cousins sweepstakes, as the veteran quarterback will ink a three-year deal that is reportedly fully guaranteed and in the range of $86 million dollars. Wilson eventually signed a four-year, $87.6 million extension but it wasn't fully guaranteed.
The deal for Cousins, 29, is set to be fully guaranteed and worth in the region of $84million to $86m, with the annual average of at least $28m making him the highest-paid player in National Football League history. Cousins numbers are nearly the same as Case Keenum's numbers last year, with the only difference being that Cousins has averaged that over three years and Keenum was a breakout in 2017. Sources told ESPN that he plans to sign the pact on Thursday. As a result, the Redskins acquired fellow signal caller Alex Smith from the Kansas City Chiefs earlier in the offseason.
PFF's data ranked Kirk Cousins as the 13th-best quarterback in 2015, 9th in 2016, but 20th past year. While Rapoport reports Bridgewater has other options, CBS Sports' Bryant McFadden reported that a deal between the two sides is being finalized. "The plan is to visit Minnesota first".
Cousins, this past season, threw for 4,093 yards and 27 touchdowns against 13 interceptions. He's due $17.5 million in 2019, the final year of his deal, but the Broncos can release him prior to the season with just a $2.2 million dead cap hit.
Breakout Minnesota Vikings quarterback Case Keenum could be a Denver Bronco.
There are actually reports out there that Cousins has already made his decision.
With players surrounding Sam Bradford in Arizona like Larry Fitzgerald and David Johnson, as well as a good offensive line, the Vikings hope to keep their new quarterback upright. His five-year Pro Bowl streak also ended.
Last year, McCown went 5-8 as the Jets' starter (before breaking his hand), while throwing 18 touchdowns and nine interceptions, and compiling a 94.5 quarterback rating that ranked 11th in the NFL.
- Taking a Fresh Look at VMware, Inc. (VMW)
- 'Queer Eye' Couple Tom & Abby Reunited and Are Now Engaged
- Maverick Capital LTD Has Upped Universal Hlth Svcs INC (UHS) Stake
- Westbrook fourth ever to hit 100 triple-doubles
- Serena Williams ousted from Indian Wells by sister Venus
- Spain arrests 155 over Chinese human trafficking ring
- IShares Currency Hedged MSCI SWZ (HEWL) Declines 1.1759% for Mar 12
- VW Confirms 3 New EVs For 2018, SEDRIC Concept To Enter Production
- Ed Cooley has good sense of humor about splitting his trousers
- Ravens to sign John Brown